Natural Doctors: A low carb diet is so important for longterm health, and this recipe makes it feel luxurious. It is the perfect dessert either on it’s own, with some cream or in our case we love it with some low carb granola, cream and a bit of dark chocolate!
As well as tasting great, these apples add health benefits too good to miss out on. Cinnamon is an amazing spice that has been show to reduce blood sugar levels and cholesterol levels. Even on a Keto low carb diet this recipe works, as the mixture of cinnamon with the apples will keep your sugars down. An amazing staple in our houses that we never get tired of.
What you will need (makes 4 portions of 3 tablespoons):
- 4 apples
- 1 heaped teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 pan with a lid
- 200ml water
- Peel core and chop the apple into rough cubes.
- Add the apples, cinnamon and water to the pan and bring to the boil.
- Place the lid on and simmer for 10 minutes until the apples are soft.
- Either eat warm or place in a glass click box and put in the fridge where it will last up to 3 days.
Perfect served as a snack, dessert or try with granola and cream for a decadent low carb treat!