The Natural Doctors: A delicious, much healthier alternative to breadcrumbs. We do this regularly and it is a child (and adult!) pleasing recipe that fulfils the crispy chicken and chips (in our case sweet potato fries!) desire in our house. Ground almonds are high in vitamin E, fibre and protein and this recipe is very low carb.
You Will Need:
- A baking tray and wire rack
- 1 large egg
- 150g ground almonds
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 2tsp celery salt
- 2tsp garlic granules
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 chicken breasts
- Preheat the oven to 180˙C
- Slice each chicken breast into 6-8 pieces
- Place the egg in a bowl and beat it gently
- In a second bowl place all the other ingredients (except the chicken) and mix
- Dip each piece of chicken into the egg and coat it before dipping it in the dry mix and coating it (kids love to help with this as it is messy! Make sure they wash their hands well, after handling raw chicken)
- Place the chicken on the wire rack sitting on a baking tray
- Place the tray and rack in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and the chicken is cooked through
- Serve with sweet potato fries and a sour cream, tomato or blue cheese dip.
The perfect combination and an absolute favourite of ours. Hope you enjoy!