Natural Doctors: We love pizza. Pizza is one of those items that can make or break a low carb dieter. Finding a good base can be tricky, we tried a cauliflower base that was OK but took ages and tasted…well like cauliflower! This one though was the jackpot. It’s fast, easy, tasty and filling. The whole family love it and we love to make it.
This pizza is the perfect left-overs meal. Add half finished packets of the weeks sandwich meats, any vegetable or cheese packets you have, and get a quick great tasting meal every time.
What you need (makes 1 base enough for 2 people):
- 40g drained mozzarella cheese (1 packet)
- 40g cheddar cheese grated
- 20g parmesan cheese
- 20g cream cheese
- 60g ground almonds
- 1 egg
- Ground pepper
- 1 baking Tray
- 1 silicon baking sheet
- 1 pan of hot water
- 1 bowl that sits on the pan
- Preheat the oven to 200oC 390F.
- Mix the cheeses together in the bowl and place over a pan of hot water for 2-3 minutes until the cheese has melted into a sticky goo.
- Take off the heat and add the ground almonds. Make sure to stir well.
- Leave the mix for 1-2 minutes until it has cooled slightly.
- Add some pepper for taste and then lastly stir in the egg. Once it is all mixed you will have a very sticky mix.
- Spread this mix as thinly as possible onto your baking sheet.
- Place in the oven for 15-18 minutes until it is brown all over.
- Once cooked, using a large spatula flip the pizza base.
- Load with you favourite sauces and toppings
We love to add the rest of the mozzarella, salami, shiitake mushrooms, red onions, artichokes and peppers. Have fun with your toppings!
- Place back into the oven until the cheese has melted (about 5 minutes).
This pizza is best eaten straight away whilst it’s fresh. Not that it lasts long in our house!